- The plan is to workout BEFORE work & after. I have T25 to assist me here because its only 25 minutes. My after workouts will be either at the Gym or at Home, I have Insanity, Turbo Fire, and recently acquired BodyBeast for the days I don't feel like going to the Gym or the WEATHER is awful and I don't feel like driving. Clearly the biggest struggle will be waking up in the morning. So I will try to be in bed by 9:30pm!
- No sweets & chips (not including tortilla chips)... Alcohol only ONCE a week. I have to preplan and only drink sparingly for that specific day.
- 80-120 oz of water is the goal!
- Maintain my calories of 1716!
|C4 = $16.14, Wheybolic (protein powder) = $35.99|
- whiting fish (wild caught, store bought)
- olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- .5 purple onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced/diced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced/diced
- 1 can basil/oregano diced tomatoes
- shake in dried basil
- shake in dried oregano
- shake in salt
- shake in red cayenne pepper
- shake in pepper
- pour in dry red wine (I used Redwood Creek Rich Red Blend (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah)
- pour in chicken broth -- maybe 1/2 cup
I'm reposting this great blog post below. If you are on your fitness journey and it seems like your not losing weight and just maintaining. Don't give up. The link has some GREAT info!
It's a great read!
IF you have the chance visit a nutritionist to find out how many calories you should be consuming based on your Resting Metabolic Rate.
I found out today that based on my fitness activity I should be consuming 1716 calories a day!
crazy when I was steadily limiting myself to ONLY 1200 or less. smh If your on a Military base visit your Wellness Center, the testing is FREE!
Oh and I definitely encourage my female friends to begin weight training! Those inches are coming off bay-bee! :)
I admit I'm quite cynical yet as my friends and colleagues have stated, this is GOOD. I'm glad they are being proactive. I'm sure this will just be another notch on their belt. Some people may never know the reasoning's, but I'm glad they took it a step forward. Now let's hope some cultural competency trainings have occurred for students & staff!
"I appreciate them working towards inclusion. Thanks for the update!"
"Way to go! It pays to voice your opinion in a civil manner"
Now for weight loss, the #ladyinRed has creeped in so well see in a couple weeks what happens.
So am I going to continue my vegan journey?? I think so. When? I'll keep u posted.
But tonight I might just consume a Burger for old times lol ...maybe maybe not :)
Except for the Lady in Red trying to creep upon my person. UGH
I'm confident that I lost inches, definitely in my belly. BUT weight... with lifting, I know I'm adding muscle & like I just said the Lady in Red is coming, so its going to fluctuate.
So over graduate school.
banana, gluten free Oats & Honey granola
vegan bean soup, raw spinach, bean burger,
raw spinach/grape salad:
------sauteed brussels sprouts, onions, fried tofu, vegan chickn strips,- w/ olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.
honey roasted peanuts
.5 miso soup packet
Water: 60 oz -- try to hit 90
No Workout. booooo. I know.
Will post my measurements/weight results tomorrow. I actually don't have a scale so I won't be able to weigh myself until I go to the gym.... so I might try for a true weigh-in later this weekend. I really need to update my VeganVlogs. lol eek
shaka. laka. laka.
Alright, so my day was quite dull. The husband was at work and instead of doing homework, I devoted my time to drinking tea and catching up on the shade filled Braxton Family Values. It's the only reality show that I watch consistently, since the Hills.
Today, on the advice of my friend, I took a rest day. It felt nice not to workout especially since I was feeling QUITE the lazy bum but as I saw my calories racking up, I wanted to hit the weights.
Is this going to be a problem?? lol
For the most part I took pictures of all my meals, the ones I didn't are listed below. ....
|vegan nachos yummy|
WE GOT OUR LIVVVESSS!!!!
heyyyyy @ Beyonce for Drunk in Love.
veggie chicken fingers, w/ bbq sauce
too much Merlot
90oz -- if you count it as tea.... idk lol
Workout: Worked out with the hubby. Like an actual workout lol. Elliptical & than some Crossfit. He had me huffing but it felt good. So than I did some minor lifting for legs/arms.
small red delicious apple
avocado cucumber sushi roll, peanut avocado sushi roll
For vegans or vegetarians this is a common question. My favorite protein thus far has been beans. Now of course it can leave you feeling bloated because it FILLS you up but its better than ridiculous snacking. IMO.
There are a ton of recipes, which I glanced at for a general idea but this was an original idea for me.
I bought a ton of dried (bagged) beans -pinto, black eyed, lima, kidney, black beans, etc-- I have a container and mixed them all together. So I truly don't know what beans I used, just that it was an assortment.
- let beans soak overnight
- next day boil the beans in your choice broth--I boiled the beans in chicken broth (gasp) but for a vegan lifestyle, you should definitely boil them in vegetable broth-- on a low-medium temperature.
- The goal is soften up the beans.
- Seasonings: i poured olive & sesame oil into the boil, added in curry/pepper/salt/garlic powder/onion powder/cumin into the boil
- let the beans simmer. mine simmered for 2-3 hours. i just kept adding in more water
- Test the beans occasionally, you want them to start feeling softER
- Turn the burner off, leave the beans in the broth, and place in the fridge till the next day
So this is where it gets complicated.......................... TRIAL & ERROR
Now remember I'm a practicing vegan so while I could have used EGG I had to use a substitute.
Flax Seed is an interesting concept. I highly encourage you to READ the instructions.
Don't follow my folly.
I have various batches of the beans.
1 batch included garri http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garri & flax seed
1 batch included yellow corn meal & flax seed
1 batch included garri, yellow corn meal, & flax seed
They all tasted fine you just have to understand the flax seed consistency ....
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork/spoon/ -- i didn't smash all the beans nor did I worry about them being flat
- Mix in (garri/corn meal) bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together.
- Stir the Flax seed mixture
- Divide mixture into patties.
Now again it gets a bit ...... weird
So remember I had issue with the flax seed consistency. So the cooking portion was trial & error.
|watch the video on my instagram|
- Heat the olive oil or cooking spray in a large skillet.
- If your flax seed mixture is correct, the patties should hold together ...
- One option is to bake your patties at 350 in the oven, let them sit for about 10 minutes, than transfer them to the large skillet to make them crispiER
I didn't add any additional seasonings to the patties. YOU can but I didn't. It wasn't needed. Especially since I added condiments for my burger.
raw collard greens, onions, tomato, soy cheese
srirracha sauce, bbq sauce,
wheat bread (perhaps gluten free if you want to get adventurous)
Initially I wanted potatoes, but c'mon thats a lot of carbs. So some steamed green beans with garlic & salt did the trick!
Hope my directions weren't too confusing.
Let me know how it turns out :)
Last night, I fell, not to steak, shrimp, but to cheese.
Emotional eater am I. Sad/Nervous/Shock. Consume cheese did I.
As a vegetarian cheese is fine. For some Vegans its a cardinal sin.
Something unfortunate happened last night and it had me SHOOK! No one died but money will be paid to fix it. I am a decent driver... but I could be better..... it was horrid. Shame I feel. But I'm not letting it control me like last night.
20 mins = 1 mile
30 mins - arms
30 mins - arms
= 927 calories burned
Water: 60oz -- need to buy a water purifier. Im feeling thirstier and drier. its not okay. and my face keeps peeling ugh.
2 bananas, 1 tbsp peanut butter
salad: raw baby spinach, pico de gallo, kimchi, parmesan garlic veggie wings
wine party after the unfortunate incident occurred. judge me if you shall but i consumed.....
and 3 glasses of wine...
So, my point is that I'm repeating day 20.
Gotta cleanse the cheese/dip out of my system and keep my life focused.
Today I wokeup wanting steak and I didn't workout in the morning. We discovered that curtains in the bedroom would block out the sunlight.. so I woke up sooo late.
bean burger, collard greens, sweet baby rays, 1 slice soy cheese, green beans
bean soup, grilled chick'n (soy), green beans,
Legs -- 380 cals
Turbo Fire Sculpt 30
I truly believe that this was an oversight; however, we appreciate your bringing this to our attention. We also appreciate the efforts you have spear-headed on campus to help all graduate students through the HUES organization.
I hope to see you at a Women's or Men's basketball game soon. Good day." - Chief of Staff, President's Office
**Editors Note: #kanyeshrug ... So I decided to reach out to the multicultural undergrads and make them aware..... below is the letter I sent them.... **
Still going strong. No meat cravings. No Chocolate cravings.. perhaps I should continue on for another 22 days??
So for my meals I've been obsessed with beans for the past few days, so I did something awesome and created my own bean burgers --recipe coming coon! it was quite delish!
I wasn't feeling motivated to workout today. I've been going strong with #nodaysoff but today I was like ... ummm so maybe I should have a "rest" day and just do yoga... nopers. I was feeling quite lazy and I have my goal of burning 500 calories (or more) per day. So around 8pm, I popped in Turbo Fire and it got me motivated. I burned 573 calories! woo-hoo ... #noexcuses Chalene Johnson pumps me up! I love her energy!
For some reason I think I should lower my food intake into 1340 instead of 1500... ugh I can't wait till my appointment so I can know my accurate calorie intake...
On another note. Is it weird that my "beachbody coach" no longer follows me (or contacts me) on ANY of the social media sites. Duped... much... nah, its outside of my control so I will just comment on it here and move on from my life.
Tomorrow I have an action packed evening so I need to get a workout out in the morning and one before my organization event.
1/4 cup old fashion oatmeal w/ 1 tbsp peanutbutter
2 slices wheat bread, 3 bean burger patties w/ 2 slices soy cheese, raw collard greens, onions, sweet baby rays & whole green beans
- sculpt 30
- hiit 25
Water- 90oz in progress
I'm actually kinda hungry after my workout so maybe I'll snack on some grapes.
Oh yea I went grocery shopping and bought a LOT of leafy green veggies and less meat substitute products. fun times.
Tofu Miso Soybean Paste Soup
Bean Soup w/ Tortilla chips
honey roasted peanuts
gluten free cookies
air popped yellow popcorn
Cardio -- stairmaster
Upper body- arms (trx & free weights) --
burned 672 calories
Water: I think 90oz
To Whom it may concern,
If you would allow me to paraphrase: In the clip, two female players are listening to music; one member begins to sing in Spanish to a popular song. The other member interrupts her says “"I'm sorry but this is America..."--- the song is changed to a popular Beyoncé song. Watching the clip I was shocked and appalled.
I immediately looked to my husband who is both a Naturalized American citizen and an active duty member of the Army, all he could say was, “Welcome to Kansas.” I am unsure of the response of the domestic and international diverse student/community members, but I was left with a distasteful feeling.
Instances like last Saturday promulgate my feelings of being “other” as this ‘entertainment’ provides a realistic picture into the culturally insensitive nature of various K-State members.
Yes Please and I'm loving it!!! Did Leg Day w/ NO Cardio and I'm impressed with my calorie burn. Squats kill me and Deadlifts are my bane! Planning to work on my form, so lifting in front of a mirror is crucial so I can monitor everything.
I felt like an idiot watching YouTube clips to figure out moves but you know what forget those who laugh! Gotta start from somewhere and I pushed myself harder and lifted heavier! The lightest weight was 40lbs on the barbell for my squats and 80 for the machines. The heaviest was 140!!
Sore but feeling good. Can't wait to do arms tomorrow and might throw in some StairMaster.
Morning Star Bacon, Back Eye Peas, white Rice
Homemade Taco soup -- mixture of beans & potatos- tortilla chips
"Ever go to the #gym and feel like u did nothing? Yup.... I need some tips for #legday ... on the machines I pushed up to 65-80 lbs. #trx I'm using my own weight.... I feel it in my arms the next day but don't notice a difference in my #legs #gymadvice#weighttraining"
These are the repsonses I received:
- Squat machine/ bench pressing - at 200lbs for 12/10/8 times a calf machine at 135lbs for 12/10/8 times some thigh machine at 80-100lbs for. 12/10/8 times and cardio
- You need to up your weight by a lot. If you can do 15 reps then your lifting to light. In order to feel something you need to be able to squat like 3 max. Try doing lunges with 15-20lb barbells.
- Yeah I agree. If you find it to easy up the weight some. Although I've heard of people doing weights two different ways lightening the load and doing more reps or going heavier and shorter reps. You gotta find what works for you =) by FATGIRLMEETSFITWORLD (remember I posted about her in my "Day 13!" super awesome that she responded to my tag!
One of my friends also tagged me in a lot of Instagram tutorials and it was SOOOO helpful!
THIS is what I needed and was wanting, as it regards my previous entry "day 13."
Water: 90 oz
2 pb& j sandwiches on wheat, almond milk
steamed cauliflower, soy cheese, left over pad thai
soy cheese, steamed cauliflower, morning star bacon, black eye peas (my husband makes THEE best black eye peas! yum)
Instagram: @87Pages, #87pagesEats
Very good day. Started early with a 3 hour gym visit:
Workout: burned 1600 calories... wowzzzzeeerrrsss
1 mile treadmill
1 mile stairmaster
500 meters rowing
P90x- kenpo & ab ripper
1 slice wheat bread, 2 tbsp peanut butter
2 vegan ribs, 1 cup cauliflower
Wildcat sushi w/tofu
Some pad thai w/tofu
Water: 128oz woooohoooooo
Did some makeup shopping, trying to figure out this contouring & bought a dark lipstick - mahagony by nyc .. I'm loving it! This side pony is giving me totes Yonce!
Date night with the hubby. It was a long time coming and so much fun. Went to the K-States women basketball (they won) and we had some Wildcat spirit. Had tofu "sushi" & he had beef pho. Later we walked around the "ville" where all the college students hang & I had a firebomb (cinnamon & whiskey) it cleared up my cough for a few minutes.
As well all know when attempting to loose weight or become healthy, its a journey and won't happen in a few weeks. It takes patience, understanding, research, and understanding of progress not perfection. To me this is a "duh".
Sure I post #beyoncebody or #teamthighgap or #teamnogut .. what's wrong with it? Does it mean I love myself any less... or worse that I don't know my selfworth?
Yes, I have a goal of loosing 45lbs by August. I realize that inches will be my most prominent non-scale victories.
So today, I posted in a Facebook fitness group "My main focus is to achieve a thigh gap. So what will tone/slim down my thunder thighs?"... some of the responses were helpful like
- Make sure you are eating enough calories or you will shut down the metabolism. If you are burning 600 cals a day through exercise then a healthier and more sustainable number would be 1600-1800 calories a day.
- Keep an eye on calcium, iron, and your b vitamins. Lots of dark leafy greens, citrus fruits, legumes, starchy fruits, and whole grains. Enriched non dairy milks like almond, rice, or coconut so avoid overdoing it on the soy. Use olive, grapeseed, and eat nuts and avocado for EFA's.
- you can't spot train fat loss. You can spot train muscle build/tone but not fat loss.
- "Thigh gap" or the "hip bridge" is not something every woman, in fact most women, can attain. That is actually genetic. If you aren't genetically predisposed to them then you have to have a very low body fat %. Our bodies are designed to store fat there for pregnancy & breast feeding.
- The stair master actually builds up legs so you will gain the muscle mass in your legs which can and will tone your legs. But as far as not needing the storage you can't really stop where your body stores body fat. And you can't stop your body from storing. Especially if you are calorie deficient for your activity level. Then your body holds on to everything it can and starts to feed off of muscle and organs.
- around a 45lb weight loss with an august goal (that is maintainable) is doable it would just require a lot of determination and commitment.
- once someone is able to achieve a very "fit and healthy physique" with lower bf (body fat) levels (not dangerously low), then things like muscle definition in that area will be more noticeable
- If you want to tighten up the inner thigh look into some hip Adduction exercises.
But I wasn't here for this: "Why not just be as healthy as you can be because you are worth it?" ... or the motivational stories about why a thigh gap isn't that important vs being healthy/fit.
Like sooooo over it! My mindset was that, I naturally HAD a thigh gap, however my NEW thighs overlap/rub... for ME that's not what I like. So I'm making a change.
YET, that wasn't even the point of my post. I just wanted information on weight training I could use during leg days as the majority of my weight (IMO) are in my thunder thighs.
It was suggested that I utilize the (female) trainers in the group for assistance. But, I really am over the motivational/encouraging speeches about progress not perfection. Love your self.. blah blah. I do love myself. Too much sometimes! lol
I just need simplicity. The facts. I appreciate that these women wanted to share their personal stories, it shed light BUT maybe only 2 people truly answered my question....
One suggestion I took action on was making an appointment with the Wellness Center, to learn more about my body fat % and metabolism to make sure I'm consuming the right amount of calories, so on Feb 7th, I got an appointment for setting up a bod pod (for body fat) and metabolic testing.
I'm excited. I'm also thinking about enlisting a personal trainer (probably male) to teach me proper weight training.
Anyhoo, that's my rant for today. I increased my calorie intake to 1500 and right now I'm at 700, so I'll need to eat some more before the day is over (healthy of course).
ps. I might be a tad oversensitive and a bit confrontational lol
pss. something important that has stuck with me. Gluten-free cookies are STILL cookies. :) lol I only had 2 today.
2.5 miles on treadmill --Beyonce keeps me going! I was jamming to Yonce)
hip abbduction/adduction machine (weights 80-90), 3 sets of 15
Pull over weight machine (Weight 50 -did 1 set lol- changed to 40) 3 sets of 15
Free weights 2 sets of 15 (weight 10) -- I use 8's at home so it was a struggle.
Rowing machine 2 sets of 500 meters
pb & j on wheat, no crusts
2 gluten free cookies
Soy Chicken Parmesean (2 soy chicken patties, 1 slice soy cheese, spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce, green/yellow pepper, onions, curry/garlic powder/salt/pepper/ginger seasoning)
Water: 90 oz. I'ma hit 128oz today ya'll
If I consume More I'll update below
|For motivation check out Fat Girl Meets Fit World -- check out her amazing "thigh gap" it may not have been her goal but I'm a fan. If I can achieve something similar with clean eating and training dirty I will be just as happy. :)|
Please comment below with your thoughts and any suggestions. Don't worry I'm not feeling snappish now lol :)
Just a regular ol day.
Took some nightquil for this dang couch so the hubs isn't up all night.
Planning to relax & catch up on my shows during my 4 day (of course ima burn those calories tho!)
Workout: t25 lower focus, trx legs
Veggie chicken patties, .5 yam
Kimchi, rice, seaweed
2 mini bread rolls
Wowzers. Day 11, only 11 more to go!
Schools starting back next week, so I'm REALLY gonna have to buckle down and stay focused. Taking 3 graduate classes, president of a graduate student organization, working part-time, and being married... gotta do it!!!!
Today I woke up early didn't workout but had an eventful day. Been having a weirdish relationship with a friend, hopefully we've worked out the kinks.
Soy chicken pot pie
.5 baked yam (drizzled w/ sesame oil, garlic/onion powder, salt, pepper)
2 soy chicken patties w/ srirracha sauce
I might snack on some gluten free cookies later... maybe hehe
Water: Have a new bottle that holds 30oz- so far I'm at 90oz yay
Workout- see picture :)
For the record , id rather listen to Harry Connick Jr vs JLo or Keith Urban. #idol