2/14/14

1200 Calories are Not Enough!

"What I do know is that 1200 is the general number of calories health professionals say women cannot drop below without suffering negative health consequences.
Interesting, isn’t it? 1200 calories. The line between health and what they call “starvation mode”. 1200 calories. The dangerous tightrope that many women are trying to walk, because they think this is how thinness is achieved."


I'm reposting this great blog post below. If you are on your fitness journey and it seems like your not losing weight and just maintaining. Don't give up. The link has some GREAT info!

It's a great read!

IF you have the chance visit a nutritionist to find out how many calories you should be consuming based on your Resting Metabolic Rate.

I found out today that based on my fitness activity I should be consuming 1716 calories a day!

crazy when I was steadily limiting myself to ONLY 1200 or less. smh If your on a Military base visit your Wellness Center, the testing is FREE!

Oh and I definitely encourage my female friends to begin weight training! Those inches are coming off bay-bee! :)

http://sophieologie.me/2013/09/26/1200-calories/

No comments: