8/25/10

Autumn Essentials

Personally, I love the summer-autumn transitions, its my own secret muse and a prediction of how the fall/winter season will transpire. If I don't feel inspired before Labor Day than I become despondent and begin a countdown till the New Year.

Fortunately, the 2010 transitional phase has me doing kicks (Rockette's specifically) for joy because the fashion, music, and creative imaginings have me going ga-ga.

FASHION

When I'm stuck in a clothing rut I browse through the websites of Vogue, Teen Vogue, H&M, ASOS, and Lulu's; and finally I Google "Street Fashion"-- and after I finishing weeping over the various insanely priced items, I'm steadily wiping away the drool, as I gawk over basic components that can make or break your outfit.

1. The Brown Belt

I'm so over those ridiculously wide belts we were conned into buying in bulk and using as a corset or as a boob pusher. I'm totally in love with the reemergence of BROWN belts (BB) and the wonders it does for a shirt, skirt, jeans, or dress.


Thick, skinny, leather, or braided the BB jazzes up the most casual outfit and when added to an already chic fit, let's just say it's outstanding. Don't despair that your BB might not color coordinate, fashion is all about pushing the envelope, so push until you're comfortable. There's something exhilarating about pairing a vintage BB with an understated or outrageously bright outfit. Don't believe me check out the the websites listed above, there's being an over abundance of the BB --in various shades; so add this timeless piece to your wardrobe.



2. Loafers

Forget ballet flats and pointy toe heels, Loafers have made a serious comeback and you don't even need to break your bank to get fitted. If your mother is like mine, than dig into her closet and pull out those "Granny" shoes. Their comfortable, sensible, and most importantly overly vintage chic.

You probably haven't heard, but shoes are the window to the soul, and if you're only rocking solid neutral Loafers well than your soul needs to glow or more accurately be fed. Show up and show out with pinks, turquoises, whites, multi-patterned and multi-colored loafers and strut your stuff with this classic look.

No comments: