7/23/09

You Must Be Deaf!: DJ Play MY Music

"My Endless Love" sung by Luther Vandross & Mariah Carey remains one of my ultimate fave songs. I think I will dance to this at my wedding. No lie. I used to imagine that one day I'd be rich & famous by some quirk of fate and Luther would sing at my wedding... sad that it cant be...
I grew up on the sounds of MJ, Luther, The Temptations, and my girl Whitney. I could def sing anyone of their songs and jam all night long. lol I remember washing dishes in junior high and singing (horribly if I might add) to "Whitney" which came out in 87... I remember declaring that I was gonna get a white tank top and wear my hair wild like hers.



But back to the music: thanks to my older sister she introduced me to TLC, Toni Braxton, En Vogue, Brandy, Aaliyah, Anita Baker, Babyface, Janet Jackson, Sade, Brian McKnight, and Maxwell. We used to be groovin in the 90s..

I def thought I was hip. lol I remember when I got in trouble for listening to "Ooh its on the TLC tip" (TLCs first album for the lames) and my mom was tryna break the songs down but 13 or 14 year old self was like these girls are too sharp. lol But real talk I'm in love with rythym and blues.
It was later that I introduced myself to my girl Beyonce and Destiny's Child, and I've been jammin ever since--mostly to B. Oh and I'm a huge fan of A Keys. Recently, I've been diggin Chrysette Michelle, Usher, Chris Brown, Keri Hilson, John Legend, Ne-Yo & Trey Songz (the last 3 I can put on repeat for days) no lie.

Beside's rnb I'm open to a lot of music... I love me some John Mayer (future hubby), Charlotte Church, Madonna, Pink, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Josh Groban, Celine Dion (random I know lol), Shakira, and of course the latest pop and rock out now --Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, All-American Rejects, The Fray, Green Day. I also love love The Beatles... I can spend a mellow day jammin to them their def listed on my IPOD as 'biking music'. :-) However one of my all time favorite songs is "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen. That song is magicial lol
I also dig country music... Carrie Underwood and Johnny Cash are my faves. But my all time fave country songs are "Honky Tonk Badakadonk", "Independence Day", "God Bless the USA", "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy.".... they be havin some jams on CMT lol
I love musicial scores ...if life was a musical at 2pm every day I'd love it. haha

>Now we get to rap... I'm a big Kayne West fan like he can do no wrong... I have every single album. I also dig Jay-Z I'm not gonna front and say I've been down for a long time but I have begun to recognize his skills. I'm a Drake fan too-- he performed at my university this April and he was hella sexy I even got a pic wit him (my face is mad ugly in it lol so nope I'm not gonna post it).... I can dig the COON music out right now I even respect their hustle but their def not on my list for "must have albums"... I think I also dig Wale.
I love music if You can't tell... am I leaving on a cliff hanger fo sho I gotta talk about movies or books in my next post.

Ciao

No comments: