12/9/09

GUEST Blogger: Fun Shady Times in Nuremburg, Germany: Act I

Hey folks!

So yea it's been like five gazillion years since I told you I would blog. But I'm lazy.

Yes. I'm lazy. It's not like I've been super busy or jet setting around the world. But I have been busy and I've been chilling.

Germany is fun. I've met a lot of people in my 4 months here. And I actually have a worthy blog to tickle your fancy!

My guest blogger is my friend Corky who is also an intern. He wrote a fantastic piece about an adventure we had a month or so ago!

Have Fun Reading!

Last night....was WILD! So it's Sunday and Christine (another intern) and I decided we would go to the Ehenfeld kirwa festival with this girl that lives in Ehenfeld. We had made plans and everything with her. Christine and I hit the gym, and afterwards we get ready. We can't get a hold of the girl who is supposed to go to the festival with us. We were both kind of bummed, but then Star (another intern that lives with Christine) decided we should just all go to Nuremberg on a day trip.

So we hop on our bikes and ride to the train station....keep in mind it's already getting cold as the night is approaching (it's about 5pm this time), and the train station is about 2 miles away from where we live. We buy our passes and hop on the train to Nuremberg which is about an hour away from Vilsek. We get there and decide we want German beer and food.

We exit the train station and we're hella confused, so we decided to go back into the station to ask some locals where to go. We ended up in the train station hookah bar drinking Becks and smoking hookah (by the way...hookah here is only 5 euro- so much cheaper than the over priced shit in the states).

It was the best hookah I'd ever had, but they didn't serve food. We asked the waitress what was a good place to eat and drink beer. It was a Sunday so we were pretty limited in our options. The waitress's English wasn't great, but it was good enough to understand where she was directing us (so we thought).


We leave the bar...kind of buzzed and try to go find this place to eat. We kind of get lost and have to ask around, and then we get even more lost and end up by some castle.

Star decides that we should speak in British accents because maybe people would be nicer and helpful if we weren't didn't have Americans written across our foreheads. It works. And by jove it was fun!

We eventually get this nice German couple to lead us to this below ground pub/restaurant. The food was fantastic...pictures will come soon on facebook. The beer was even better. We finish our meal and realize we have 20 minutes to make it back to the our train. We book it back to the station.

We wanted to double check with the train station information attendants that we were catching the right train. She informed us that our train didn't leave at 10:30... it actually leaves at 11:50.

To be Continued..
---

No comments: