People value complexity over simplicity these days though-Senny
Newsflash for negroes: You don't have to be lynched or whipped to be controlled if its far more effective for oppressors to control the way you think.-Runako
Refuse to be offended. - Pa'Trice
You can't bathe in the " knowledge" if you dont help fill the tub. -Pa'Trice
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" -Eleanor Roosevelt
*~*Never Make Someone A Priority. When Your Only An Option*~*
oppose the "if you knew better you'd do better" sayin' with, "KNOWLEDGE DOES NOT CORRELATE WITH BEHAVIOR".-Marcus Simpson
"I did stuff for the BSU and just did my work and tried not to complain cuz individuals aren't BSU but everyone together is BSU."-Matt Arends
*Zora Neale Hurston*
• Sometimes I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me.
• Those that don't got it, can't show it. Those that got it, can't hide it.
• I belong to no race nor time. I am the eternal feminine with its string of beads.
• I am not tragically colored. There is no great sorrow dammed up in my soul, nor lurking behind my eyes. I do not mind at all.
• Someone is always at my elbow reminding me that I am the granddaughter of slaves. It fails to register depression with me.
• I do not weep at the world I am too busy sharpening my oyster knife.
• It's no use of talking unless people understand what you say.
• Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.
• Love, I find, is like singing. Everybody can do enough to satisfy themselves, though it may not impress the neighbors as being very much.
• Not all my skin folk is my kin folk.
People often try to project their own feelings of inadequacy, and assume that because a person is a little flashy, sure of him/herself, and seems to make it all look easy, that they are stuck-up, or arrogant."- Jondrea
"There may be some things we may have to moderate, but we should be careful not to become 'too adult.' I believe that it is the epitome of womanhood to be able to easily move between situations, and have the discretion to choose the correct demeanor for each situation. In 'growing up,' I know that I am a loyal friend, a fierce ally, a formidable opponent, and a determined humanitarian, but in all that, I am happiest when I see the glow in a child's eyes when we talk about Nemo, or Manny the Mammoth. We do have to be prepared to deal with 'adult issues' in an 'adult manner,' but in doing so, we cannot kill our inner youth. "-Jondrea
"me: so i'm thinking of joining the military
brooklyn: did u tell ur mom?
me: no she'd prob kill me
brooklyn: her or iraq.. either way im coming to the funeral"
I look GOOD today. Ha! I shouldn't even be at work/school today, I should be out somewhere so people can enjoy how good I look!- Melita